Monday, September 1, 2008

Live Poker

Came home for the weekend, having no school is pretty cool. Though I only have one class today so not a huge victory. I need to focus more on school- my grades have dropped significantly and I have yet to even apply for the teachers college (and I'm a senior). Pathetic effort on my part. I'll get it done eventually, maybe I'll just do 5 full years or something instead of the projected 4.5. Meh.

Played live poker yesterday. I have yet to play online for the past 2-3 days. Live poker is pretty LOL typically and yesterday was no exception. After starting a bit slow I won a few smallish pots (2/5) and built my stack up to $750ish. This arrogant mexican guy who thought he was the shit sat two seats to my right. He constantly talked about how he played 100-200NL and 200-400 at the Wynn in Vegas. I thought this was B.S. for a few reasons-

-Despite saying that $500 is just 'the amount I get it in preflop', he was jubilent with joy after winning an all in. He jumped up and down screaming "SHIIIPPPP ITTTTT" throughout the room. (he limp/called with AsAd pf, flop came Q95ss and he check/miniraised then 4-bet shoved over the 3-bet and hit runner flush to beat 99). You could tell that the money mattered to this guy.

-He was terrible. That isn't to say that there aren't terrible players that play 200/400 but this guy wasn't a billionaire. He can't laugh at losing 40k like a ton of wealthy moguls. He was playing super nitty and you could tell he has some sense but not a ton.

Anyways, he doubles up through the guy to my direct left (I later found out was a 2p2per, more on that later) with said hand above. After dancing around like a retarded hooligan for a few minutes, he sits down again.
I raise AQ UTG, get a few callers. Flop JT4. SB checks, BB checks, I bet $85 into $120, all fold to SB (donkey mexican) who makes it $300. I jam he calls with JJ and he gets T on the turn (I had about $750 or so). He screams at the top of his lungs and raised his fist triumphantly, stacking his chips in a slow and meaningful fashion. I only brought $1100 that day (and staked my friend for $200) so I was short on cash. I went to the ATM, rebought for $500 and sought to regain my money. (He sits out and goes to eat, with other players shaking their heads at the idiocy he presented).

Some hilarious hands followed. I open 44, mega donkey calls along with a few others. He was a super calling station. Flop 723, i bet and 1 fold, he calls. turn 5x I bet again and he calls. river 6 (LOL) and I bet largeish, I think I bet like $30-$60-$130 on all streets and he makes the river call.

I overlimp JTo otb after a ton of limpers (7 or something). all checked to me on Q8A flop i bet $20 into $35 or something. mega donater calls with a shorter stack ($200ish), one more call. turn 9 he checks, I bet $65, he thinks for a moment and then jams with AK (he limped AK in the sb iirc) and he's drawing dead.

My stack is probably like $900 by now. Making a sound recovery. We are also getting shorter handed after a 3-way allin pot before of KQ vs. K8 vs. 77 on KK7cc board where one guy busted two others and then moved to the main game (ours was the feeder). Anyways I'm opening more pots and I also discover that the guy next to me (competent player, probably the only one aside from an asian nit at the other side) was a 2+2er. we talked a little about playing online and it turns out he's a poster who PM-ed me a long time ago about meeting at the horseshoe (before I was 21). Plus there aren't any other 2p2ers in Nebraska anyways so lol.

I open AT UTG, few callers. Flop TT7 with 2. $850 (SB) stack checks, I bet $35 into $50, donkey from the 44 hand jams for $95, SB COLDCALLS (HMMMMMMMM I wonder what you have????). I think for a moment and make it $330 total, SB mulls mulls and then jams, I instacall. donkey has J7 (lol), and SB had QT and I hold.

Staked friend ends up making like $250 or so, I take $75 for my cut. We left shortly after our game broke as more players went to the feeder game. LOL live poker.

No comments: