Sunday, May 17, 2009

scuba certified!

finally did my four open water dives for scuba diving out in kearney, NE. the lake itself was pretty ghetto but serviceable for what we were trying to do. it went really well and i had a great time diving, even if it was for only 25 feet deep or whatever.

no pics atm, but my partner took some photos...not digital, but when he sends them to me i can get them up.

i'm pretty happy with the whole process. scuba diving was great fun, and i can only imagine what it's going to be like in real dive spots. hopefully i can get certified in advanced dive (taking that next semester) and dive in other spots worldwide. i've read that thailand has some great dive spots (also great climbing spots too) so i'm looking forward to that.

on the same note of fitness/activity, my diet and exercise has been pretty horrible lately. i think it's a lack of climbing wall/lack of a familiar gym that is hampering me. though i plan on getting back into exercising (running/swimming/maaaaaaaaybe lifting) as my opportunity dwindles. both my spanish class as well as my seattle trip are coming up within the next few weeks here, so my little month of paradise is slipping away...

though i'm in lincoln now, so going to the wall later. also have to finish my house shopping, we're figuring out places to live next year. we've decided we're probagbly going to live in the bottoms, a ghetto area close to campus. i'll probably get mugged and rapped mulitple times.

No comments: