Friday, December 19, 2008

done

School is over with for the semester, we have about 3.5 weeks off. I'm pretty excited, very relieved to finally be done for a while. I don't have many fantastic plans over break (other than the UF game) and am excited to just sit at home. This past semester went fine...other than social psychology (a discussion based class in which I did not open my mouth once), I think I did pretty well. Should be looking at an improvement on my meager 2.90 GPA. Next semester should be pretty meh overall, not terribly difficult but just annoying. Spanish over the next 3 quarters is going to suck even bigger dick, God I hate Spanish.

I don't have a ton of plans this break. Just want to sit back and relax, hope to enjoy lots of college football. I have a few goals for this break as well (and this was one of the main reasons why I created this blog is to hold myself accountable for such goals). Sadly I have not been able to update it as much as I'd like due to school.

-Read two books. I have alot of different books that I bought recently (I'm backed up) and I'm excited to get into some of those. I'm currently reading 'How to Be Idle' by Tom Hodgkinson. I probably don't need this book, but it's fairly interesting. The author presents an outlook on life that is very rare, especially for citizens of places such as the U.S. and W. Europe. Instead of work work work all the time, the author enjoys lounging around, and doing other such acts. It's a bit hard to describe and sounds goofy, but I'm enjoying the book. Though it probably isn't going to have the best influence on me since I really don't work hard these days anyways. I pretty much already have the mentality of the author, that is, to enjoy life and not get caught up with too much of the technical stuff (working, school, etc). This could be due to poker but I'm not really sure.

I know I'm not going to be a rich person. Or fairly sure. I'm probably going to graduate with a history degree and there aren't a ton of jobs in that field (ha). One day I plan on doing teaching, we'll see. I don't really know where my life is going to take me in the next few years. I have a decent amount of options with poker (for however long it lasts). My degree sortve leaves me in a weird spot but meh, I guess I'll just deal with it as it comes along. While I am typically the type of person to think things out (in most cases, other cases such as jumping fences, not so much...), I honestly have no idea where I'll be in the next five years. This post HERE is an interesting one. (A good read as well)- the author picked up everything and left, went on his own adventure around the world and it sounds like quite an experience. I'm not sure what I'll be doing, but meh...who cares?

Ok so I got a bit side tracked. I'd like to read two books, maybe more.

I want to keep in shape over break. I plan on going to the YMCA or other local gyms if possible. Also in line with that is to keep my eating in check- my diet has been a trainwreck these days due to not having any food at the house. I think that going home should be a nice break with real food for once (instead of Jimmy Johns).

I'll set my poker goals at the end of the month. I still haven't decided whether or not I'm going to play. I probably should just sack up and play regardless but meh. I'd like to keep a relatively stress free holiday (or as much as I can). I also will need some money in the future as well though, so we'll see how much I do want to play. The most important thing is that I'm in the right state of mind in doing so, and that I'm in line, conscious, etc. of my decisions.

We're wrapping up our DC series (terp and I) and it's been fun. Glad it's over though. Probably won't do many videos anymore in the future, too much work. Should be finishing it up on Sunday though so that should be swell.

be well

No comments: