Monday, December 22, 2008

live poker

Decided to go to the Horseshoe late last night after recording the last of my DC video (yay). My friend had a super urge so I decided to accompany him and see if I could unwind a bit. We got there around 11:30 and there was one 2/5 game open. After the first orbit or so, I could see there were plenty of soft spots. (People agonizing over calling a shove with AA on Txx boards getting ridiculous odds)...I brought $1500 and sat.

I observed some funny hands. One regular (I talked with him on previous sessions, he was an ex-blackjack dealer) limp reraises from UTG after an aggro button opens. BTN calls. ($500 eff).

($140)Flop: Qs 8h 4d
UTG bets $100, BTN jams, UTG mulls forever asking "QQ or AA? Really?" then folds. (He obviously had KK). BTN flips over the 2s and mucks the other card. I laugh hysterically.

BTN was a nice guy but had the makings of a wigger. (I sat next to him fwiw).

I lose a few medium pots and continue to reload. Mainly just small ones where I open/c-bet (and am checkraised or called and forced to fold).

I lost one pot where I call a LP PFR otb w/ KQo. The PFR was pretty laggy, he played a ton of pots. I saw him make a 3-street bluff when he bet $50 every time on a T9733 board with K6dd. He also doubled up early on I saw with a half stack with QTo after calling a PFR and shoving on Txx (and the other guy really wanting to fold AA there but eventually calling, and losing with the Aces). He also seemed to be wiggerish as well, having a straight billed hat and super baggy clothes.

Another old ape called behind me. This guy was like 7 fee tall and probably 60 years old. Super insane deep voice, reminded me of an older paul bunyan or something.

($100)Flop: 556r
BB (old retard) checks, PFR checks, I decide to stab and bet $55. I probably could have gone lower in retrospect. BB folds, PFR calls.

($210)Turn: Ax
At this point I thought he had some strange 77/6x type hand, sometimes stuff like QJ/QT/etc. I think he could have had Ax type hands as well. regardless, he checked to me again, I decided to take another shot (though balance wise, I'd probably check this turn a decent amount against this opponent with many value hands but my opponent is not thinking on this level). I bet $120 and he c/r-ed all in. I folded, he showed AQ and I nodded, claiming "88!"

I build up slightly. I opened TT after a retard limped. This guy would limp any Axo hand pf and then make idiotic blockers if he hit an Ace. He'd also limp/call stuff like K3s and such. BTN called my PFR (slightly decent player, lacked fundamentals, etc, but 'good' by live standards), UTG called (the retard limper).

($80)Flop: Qc 6c 3d
UTG checks, I bet $50, BTN calls, UTG folds.

($180)Turn: 3h
I check/call $75

($330)River: 2d
I check, he checks. I show and mhig.

I won a few other medium ones where I double barreled xx (I can't remember what I had) on a 962Kr board and the guy was very clearly in anguish after calling the flop (he was the biggest nit at the table, so damn obvious when he had a hand).

I built my stack up to like $800. I was in for probably $900 at this point, just off losing small idiotic pots. BTN opens (the decent regular who I won w/ in TT hand), SB calls, I called in BB with 33.

Flop 985r, SB checks, I check, BTN bets $30 into $100, SB calls $30. At this point, I was thinking how nasty it'd be to c/r since neither can really call except a very small proportion of their range. I decided to check/raise to $150 (in retrospect I should have made it a bit smaller, though I think that $120 is fine as well). I probably would have made the same play (and sizing) if I did have a set/straight.

BTN calls. I thought he had something like JT/TT+/sometimes some strange 97 type hand. SB (nit) folds. I thought alot of times he'd call one street and give up. Many live players HATE committing a ton of chips with one pair.

Turn came, which was 4x. I bet $250 into a large pot, leaving like $400 back. He ships it after thought and I folded like a bitch. He claimed JT and later said he truly did have that. Nice play I guess. He claimed I'd never make such a large bet on the flop with a set and that $150 made it seem like it was a bluff. I guess people frequently bluff him when someone faces a bet/call (from a nit and decent player) by check raising when 150bbs deep, i don't know.

Anyways, a few hands later, I double up with A8ss on a 547sss board in a limped pot against 86o (lol). Guy had me covered. I probably should have played it slower but I c/r-ed ai on the turn, maybe should have just c/c-ed turn and c/r-ed ai on the river. Meh. I built my stack up to $750 or so at this point.

There was some madness soon after. MP (laggy cocky kid who thinks he's good but not) opens PF. Laggy wigger calls behind him, all else fold.

($50) Flop: Qs 8d 8h
MP bets $25. LP (wigger) makes it $60. MP makes it $120. LP makes it $220. MP mulls and mulls and starts staring into his soul (I HATE when people stare each other down, so dumb). He says "God I hope you don't have KQ...will you show me if I fold?".

"Yes I will"

"....Fine, I fold." LP flips over J9o and I laugh hysterically.

I witnessed one other idiotic hand later that night. MP (quiet donk) opens, LP calls. Flop 557r check/check. Turn Qx, MP bets $60, LP makes it $200, MP jams $800 on top, LP calls with 77 and beats KK. Hmm...

I lost a few more pots bluffing. We got down short handed since it was late into the night. I lost some more money flipping when we were doing $25-$40 a hand, I didn't win one. Gay. Overall lost $300 and my friend $120. I ate my sorrows away with country fried steak and eggs.

No comments: