Friday, December 12, 2008

meh

pretty much finished with most of my finals/final papers. I have a long paper I have to finish up before monday but I only have two finals. I'm fairly done in that regard and it's been a busy last two weeks. I've only played poker twice this month and probably not up anything. I've started back coaching with my old coach Parlay Slow, probably going to do PLO. PLO is much more fun and interesting imo and I haven't played NLHE in quite some time. I also just finished my 6th video with terp and am glad to be wrapping that up soon. Video series are long and meh overall. I am proud of the content we put out but am not really happy with the strict schedule we're on to do so (and having a person as lazy as me isn't great).

I recently took up rock climbing. It's something that I enjoyed doing when I was younger. I decided to try it out last week and god, I realized I'm not 130 pounds anymore. Big fatboy has gained some weight since that time and cannot fly up there like he used to. I'm hoping that my body can get used to the strain and I can build my back/arm/finger muscles quickly. I asked for some climbing shoes over break as well as some forearm clasps to work out with so hopefully that'll be fine. I want to get in tune with some of these strange skills that I'll (hopefully) be using when traveling. Scuba diving is next on the list and that should be fun as well. I'm hoping that by the time I get to go to Asia (hopefully Thailand in the summer), I'll be well acquanted with these things.

So I fucking hate spanish. It's such a retarded fucking language. I actually hate all languages to be honest, mainly because I suck ass at them. This spanish class I'm taking now is horrible and I have to do all these idiotic exercises. I fucking HATE it ughhh...thank god it only lasts until Feb. Sucks dick that it impedes on my winter vacation though.

I'm going to Miami. I booked the flight/hotel/tickets for the game already. I can't remember the total but it's like $800 for tix/$270 for plane/$250 for hotel. So probably closer to like...$1500 w/ everything. I'm leaving on Jan 6-9th so that should be a good time (or a horrid time) depending on the result. I'm going w/ dbc.

Christmas is coming up. I don't really know what to get for my siblings so I just get them gift cards. I know its impersonal but I doubt my sister really wants me to pick out a shirt or jeans for her. My taste in clothing is awful and I think she thinks the same. Meh, whatever. I asked for a football (since mine got stolen), some rock climbing shoes and a clamp, and a few dvds.

Gotta think of other ideas for winter break. flirting with the idea of going skiing, as i have for the past few years. obviously going to miami, should be fun. i was going to the PCA but miami sortve got in the way of that so whatever. regardless, should be a fun break.

No comments: