Wednesday, October 15, 2008

4-0

We are 4-0 going into the playoffs for Flag football. We destroyed the last team 38-0, they never had a shot. Funny too because they thought they were the shit due to being undefeated (and beating the previous retards). Our team played pretty well, though we had a few unsportsmanlike penalties (one on me because I kicked a cone after running out of bounds on a route then dropping it after I was out of bounds). Still, we finished well and played tough D with a pretty well rounded offense. John (our MLB) had two pick sixes and was called 'Brian Urlacher' by the end. We have about two weeks until our play off game and need to stay focused/continue to practice. I think we should work a bit more on a running game (reverses/more option plays) in case of the cold weather that is soon to come.

I've been playing a decent amount of poker lately. I still don't have 10k hands but probably getting somewhat close (I would guess). My PT2 broke a while back and I don't have any of those hands saved. Probably haven't won a ton, I would guess probably like 2k in like...6k hands of mostly 1/2NL. I want to just get back on the horse though and looking for a modest month (5k+ would be nice). Paltry to former months but meh. NLHE has been nice and relatively easy, I haven't been tilting as much. I've probably played 3/4ths PLO though.

I filmed the first segment of my series with terp two days ago. It didn't go that great (at least on my part IMO), though terp carried me and did a great job. I stumbled alot and was relatively unorganized. I hope that I'll be better prepared for the second video.

Anyways, UF crushed LSU last saturday, we fixed alot of things. Didn't do stupid 5-wides, OL played alot better and were split wider (to open more running lanes), TT had time to throw and move around. Was really happy overall, defense played great. If we continue to play like this the rest of the year I think we have a real shot at heading to the SEC championship.

No comments: