Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oh, the irony...

Alright so you know how I ended my last post with 'fuck school, have fun'?

Well, my slacking has come back to bite me in the ass. Hard.

For the past 3 years, I've been on track to becoming a teacher. I've always enjoyed teaching, I hoped to become a secondary Ed. teacher. My mother was a teacher and my father is a current professor. Being the eldest of four siblings, I've gone through many teaching processes throughout my life.

Alas, my ignorance has caught up to me. I forgot to apply for the teachers college, something that I was supposed to do months ago. Further my test scores for the PPST (Teachers Test) never got recorded. Perhaps that was the final nail in the coffin for me. I could still pursue a career in secondary education, but it'd result in me taking classes until 2011. Fuck that, I'd rather live down in a dumpster. The classes that I was supposed to take are not offered in the spring and I'd have to wait until 2010 to take those classes. No thanks.

So, I'll be hopefully on my way to a History degree. Thankfully I'm not too far off in the classes that I have taken and I should be graduating next fall with some luck. I am disappointed in the sheer idiocy of my decisions. I can't sit here and dwell on what could have been though, I need to instead look at my options and look to move on. I can take another career path by getting my BA in History and eventually my masters with secondary Ed. It'll be a longer, delayed path but one that could be possible if I want it to.

My first and foremost plan is just to get a degree. Anything after is fair game I suppose. I don't plan on working right out of college (at least if poker is still lucrative, which I suspect it will be). I'd like to travel (Asia would be fantastic). Meh, we'll see what works. I meet with my adviser tomorrow morning (or at least hope) to figure out the rest of my schedule. I also found out I have to take Spanish (I took 3.5 years in HS, .5 years short fuck my life). I fucking hate language and suck at it. Going to try and take it online through community college.

I'm heading to Jacksonville for the FL game this friday. I'm so relieved on the timing of this vacation. It couldn't have come at a better time. This allows me to clear my head and just enjoy (or brutally hate) life, depending on the outcome of the game. Was going to go as :


(Rufio from Hook, some idotic skank gave me that nickname (or was it one of my douche friends? I can't remember) a while back). Meh. Perhaps next year.

1 comment:

sarah said...

That picture looks like you.