Monday, October 27, 2008

So I'm a fucking junior...

Well, after 3.5 years of slacking hardcore my demons have finally come back to bite me in the ass. I found out today I can't register for classes for a few more days and am 2 credits short of being declared a 'senior'. I also was horrified when I looked at my degree audit and discovered how far behind I am. This next semester (the last for many of my friends, not me sadly) I plan on taking-

-Coaching Football
-Psychology (cognitive I think, I can't remember).
-Drawing 101 (I enjoyed drawing quite a bit in high school but haven't done so in quite a while).
-Western Civs (Hist) class, a real joke of a freshman class that I need to fulfill a requirement.
-Nutrition (science of foods), another class I need to fill more requirements.
-English (Short story). I'm a decent writer (at least in terms of fictional accounts) and writing has always been pretty fun for me.
-Basic massage, a friend convinced me to take this with her. Ugh, call me a fag if you want. I told all of my friends that I'd take any free electives they were (I was hoping for more rock climbing, scuba diving, etc). That was also before I discovered how fucked I really am for school but whatever.

I see my adviser this coming week. She'll probably throw a hissy fit when she sees I still haven't applied for the teachers college yet. I'm not even sure when I can do that but whatever. If I'm forced to take 5.5+ years total I'm just going to drop out before then and say fuck the world, move to Thailand and start a black market prostitution syndicate. Go import some ladyboys or something. I'm hoping that this semi-heavy load I'm taking this semester will free some hours up for next year (when I can finally take some of my much desired 'fun' classes). God, I should be a senior...if I had transferred my metro credits for Micro Economics over (a class I took two years ago but never have due to laziness), I'd be declared a senior. Fck my life...

UF plays UGA this week in a pretty gigantic clash. It's not even the biggest game of the week either, with TTU and UT playing (#1 and #6 respectively, depending on what poll you look at). I'm heading down to the game to meet up with some 2+2ers (dbc and his roomie and TruFloridaGator), should be a blast. This is the first UGA/UF game I'll be attending and I'm super pumped. Plan on flying out on friday and just there until sunday morning. I think that the UF/UGA game will be decided in the trenches, as all games are. If UF's DL can perform well I think we have a very good chance of winning. If, however, we don't get pressure on Stafford, it could be a looong day (Green is very good).

We have our flag football playoff game later that day (on Sunday) so should be a busy day. We've had a long break for our flag football team so hopefully our focus is there. Our plays are here:

http://unnaturalbitterness.awardspace.com/

Many of them are hard to understand. Meh. We went 4-0 this season beating relative chumps. I think that practice WAS the deciding factor though in those wins. Although we are a fairly athletic team, we were just so much more organized than the other teams. We might not have beaten the third team on our schedule based on athleticism alone but who knows? Our next opponents look mediocre (after short scouting) so hopefully we can advance onwards. This flag football thing means alot to me and my teammates and I think a loss will be pretty hard on us (for how much we've invested).

While I'm rambling through different topics, I'll highlight on some that I haven't talked about for a while. My diet has been pretty awful lately. Eating out with friends daily and not really eating breakfast (no milk has been the factor for this) has led to just feeling like crap daily. I plan on improving it though (and it will probably improve drastically once footbal season ends). I'm just waiting in horror when the day finally does come when my body cannot sustain these 1 a.m. IHOP meals (that are typically 1500 calories or so) a few times a week. I did gain something like 15 pounds since sophmore year (and that's not really muscle either).

I have improved alot though in terms of endurance (despite it being very poor even today). I don't mind going to the gym and just jogging now instead of just straight lifting (I've been slacking hardcore on lifting, only been twice this semester). Meh, hopefully I'll improve as the year progresses. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to do hardcore running or run a marathon or anything like that. Not because I wouldn't ever want to but because I'm not sure if I'm physically able. I'm almost positive I have planters fasciitis which is an inflammation of the heel. My mom has it and my sister as well. My heel (mainly the arch) goes numb after 2 miles of running (and the lower half of my shin). Sucks.

Poker has been going swell. I'm not up a ton I guess (probably 5k or so, maybe more). Haven't played a tremendous volume but I'm happy with what I've done. I should get iron man this month at FTP which is decent. I also played live once this month (or twice? I can't remember) where I won a 1.3k session at 2/5. Other than that, can't remember. Meh.

googogogogogo gators

No comments: