Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Updates

So our flag football team is 3-0, last game no thanks to me. I played fucking awful, dropping balls like it was my job and even worse, missing tackles (or grabbing flags). Pathetic performance. Our next game is on monday though and I swear to up my performance before then. I've already decided that from here on out I run 4 gassers for every pass dropped/every tackle missed. My play makes me want to puke and frankly, I felt like shit after the game. I suppose the victory was a good one as this team was the best we've played yet (we won 32-14). Embarressing performance though.

UF had a disturbing performance against Arky. This week should be really quite excellent though against LSU. They had a bye week which should give them some extra preparation/extra time to rest and heal against us. I think the line is UF -6 but I'm not positive.

UF OL vs. LSU DL - Not really a fantastic matchup. LSU's DL, perhaps not as talented as last years is still extremely deep. They can rotate 6-8 guys, many of whom would be full time starters at any other school. T Jackson and R Jean Francois are both very very good players. Add that to the fact that UF's OL has had serious miscommunication problems as well as injuries spells trouble. Tartt (UF's best OL is hurt). Thankfully Carl Johnson has filled his spot and played well. UF OL played much better in the second half of the Arky game. But we will not be able to get a great push against LSU's DL this game. We cannot run into the heart of their D as Mullen has the past few games. We MUST throw. Demps, Rainey and Moore, while all very fast, cannot move through the tackles against this DL.

UF WR vs. LSU secondary- LSU is definitely missing some pieces from last year's team. Their CBs last year were very experienced and very good. Many of LSU's secondary this year is suspect and it is essential that UF throws the ball more this game. UF must create a pocket/give Tim time to throw in order to succeed in this game.

UF DL/LB vs. LSU OL/RB- UF's DE's are fantastic. Trattou/Dunlap/Cunningham are all great. They are very fast, not as fast as Harvey/Moss but still very good (and the potential is there). UF's DTs on the other hand are pretty pitiful. They are all undersized and provide little to no push. Lawrence Marsh has been playing fantastic and Terron Sanders is good against the run. Patchan has a great motor as well. But there are still problems that we saw last season, little push. Highly touted John Brown, Torrey Davis, and Omar Hunter, while playing minimally, haven't made huge impacts. LSU's OL is gigantic. I think we lose this battle as well, minimally. UF LBs are average. Spikes is very very good, and the others are solid as well. They don't play fantastic as a unit but are still good. I think if we can contain Charles Scott (230 pound fatass RB) who runs people over, we have a solid chance.

Games are won and lost in the trenches. Cliche, but it's true. There are many other factors in this game that will make it a great one. Special teams are fantastic for both teams, coaching decisions (by the mad hatter) never fail to disappoint in the comedy factor (despite him having one of the best SEC records the past 3 seasons). I'm sure there will be some great runbacks, fake punts, etc. in this game. It'll be interesting to see how the UF offense adjusts after slight setbacks the previous two weeks.

Poker has been going fine. I'm determined to get back on the grind. I've logged 3k PLO hands this month (which is about 7 hours). I've won in NLHE as well, though my PT2 is busto for some reason. I've made large strides in this series that terp and I have been doing and we should start filming this week. It is a ton of work though so we'll see.

School has been going meh. Haven't really been doing my work, need to read/etc more and not be such a pile. I failed this self defense class due to being late on one class period (late = auto fail) so blah. Seeing as I'm doing five years, I'm going to be super slacking next semester, going to take a ton of fun easy classes (mountain climbing, pottery, painting, cooking if they offer, martial arts, etc). Sort've sucks that all my friends are leaving this year.

Watch UF/LSU 8pm EST on CBS. UT/OU is going to be on as well, same with PSU/Wisky. Should be fun games all around. Cheers.

No comments: