Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Flag Football ownage

We have been dominated flag football. Or at least the first two games. 2-0 at this point, we shut out our opponents last game. I'm pretty happy with the way our team has been performing. Everyone is playing their position well and we are winning off great defense and strong field position. I do hear that our next two opponents are better than our previous two though so we'll have to practice extra hard for that.

UF football sucks. I can rant for hours on the overall performance of our team last saturday against Ole Miss. Play calling was highly suspect, OL play was disastrous, secondary gave up a few long ones (though they had been on the field forever at that point) and we had three turnovers. There is still a small chance for a MNC run (we cannot lose another obviously) and hope that we get in after we win the SEC championship. CFB has been very interesting lately and it seems as if last year was not a fluke...giants are falling (including USCw and UF) to teams they shouldnt be losing to. A ridiculous number of ranked teams lost last week and I'm sure that trend will not stop. I just pray that UF is not like last year's Cal Berkley, who was #2 at one point and then lost their next 6. UF has Arky (the worst SEC team) though this week and that should be nice and easy. I also bought my plane ticket for Jacksonville on the 31st of Oct. for the UGA game, which should be fun.

NE lost to VT in a pretty even game last sat. VT controlled the ball for 3 quarters (pathetic red zone offense) and held on to the win despite a last minute drive by Nebraska. This week with Mizzou should be interesting (perhaps a blowout).

Poker hasn't been going great, though I haven't been playing much. This is the first month that I get back on the horse though and I plan on doing at least 10k hands (hopefully more). My first DC video is up as well with decent reviews (I was meh on it, I felt I played suboptimally in some areas). Justin and I have also started our series and should get the first video done within the coming days (should make for decent content).

School has been going pretty bad. I've been skipping frequently, not studying or doing any work. As I said, I probably am going for five years (which is both good and bad) so blah. I have to start thinking about what I'm going to do for future trips as well (winter break, fall break). Haven't decided if I want to go to the PCA again. We'll see.

No comments: