Saturday, November 22, 2008

CFB/DC/etc

College football is ending and the bowl spectrum is starting to develop. UF has been playing lights out and quite arguably the best team in CFB. OU put on quite a show as well with their smashing of TTU on saturday. I think OU will jump UT in the BCS bowl and control their own destiny. The BCS is a clear clusterfuck though and there will be quite a few decent teams left out of it (most notably, USCw if OSUw wins next week). UF controls their own destiny as well, though we'll see quite a clusterfuck if Alabama loses next week at Auburn. UF won't have as credible of a schedule if Bama is lower ranked (with or without that credability) and might not go if Bama isn't ranked high enough. Tommy T has also won 6 straight vs. Bama so I'm not quite sure what to think.

PSU is going to the rose bowl. OSUw turns out to be quite a decent team (I laughed my ass off when they lost to Stanford this year, then cried with joy when USCw lost to them) and if they beat Oregon next week, they'll go as well. This will probably shut USCw out of a BCS bowl game, as the B12 and SEC will each draw two teams. That should be pretty damn rich, and even though USC would probably be favored against near anyone in the nation on a neutral field, they still won't get into the NC game, much less a BCS game (if OSU wins out).

Bama or UF will probably go to the Sugar bowl, the winner to the NC game. Hopefully it's UF. I'm not really pleased with all the media hype for UF. Too much of it makes teams soft, and you can see the repercussions in 2006 tOSU and many many others. The press was the fuel for UF's fire in the 2006 NC game, as they had people doubting them for 50 days or whatever it was. UF was probably overhyped in 2007 against UM as well. God that game blew a fat nut.

Anyways, I think if UF continues to play like they have these past 7 games, they'll be in great position to contend for the NC game. They matchup differently against Bama and I'll probably write a bit more as the game eeks up closer. Ahhh I love college football. Sucks ass that it's coming to a close soon. I guess I can look forward to March Madness...meh. UF basketball, I don't really have any idea how they'll be. I didn't like how Speights went to the NBA (surprisingly drafted high) and Jai Lucas transferred. Very strange. Regardless, I'm sure I'll be getting more into UF bball once the football season ends.

Football has been swingy. As in the last post, I've been getting used to the swings more. Now I just have to stop wasting $ on tourneys. I probably dumped $400 tonight on retardo tourneys, namely the $30 rebuy for a PCA package (I'm still undecided on if I'll go or not). Our video (terp and me) just came out today and it is the third in the series. We focused mainly on double barreling the turn, mainly for value. We plan on doing next episode on bluffing the turn both in terms of pure bluffs and semi bluffs. We have decent ideas for the next few episodes, percieved ranges, etc. Should finish the month at 10 or so, maybe a bit more. I haven't played a ton and have to get like 6 pages done tomorrow on my paper.

No comments: