Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shit hits the fan...

Bush passed it. I'm fucked. We don't quite understand how these new regulations will affect us (or how banks will interpret it).

The rules can be found here:

I don't really know how this will affect everything. This reminds me alot of 2006, when party poker closed and other poker markets shunned away from the U.S. Everyone was in hysteria. While the games are nowhere near as good as they once were (before a current 50NL regular could probably have beaten 2/4), they are still very much alive, at least at the small and midstakes games (obviously drier as you move up). I think the new regulations will affect deposit methods, limiting the opportunities of fish.

I don't know what the games or the government will look like in a year. I do know that I'll be done with school and most likely out of the U.S., traveling around Europe or Asia. I'm sure many other poker players will as well. Sucks ass...

Poker has been swingy. I'm probably at +6k right now. I've probably played about 11 hours, which is decent considering the amount of work I've had to do. School has been a major bitch and I have 3 10page papers, a presentation on an article, and a few tests coming within the next 2-3 weeks. Ughhh...

Anyways, hope everyone is doing well. Play hard, relish the year here, make a mil, travel, etc.

No comments: