Tuesday, November 18, 2008

School is a bitch

School has been hell lately. I've been very busy working on various papers, projects, exams. Can't wait to be done with this semester. Unfortunately I have to work on my spanish over winter break, that's going to suck a fat one. I suck ass at spanish and despise all foreign language (not to say that I hate foreigners, just that I have a very difficult time with it).

Poker has been going well. I've been running decently. Been playing primarily 2/4 PLO with some 2/4 NLHE mixed in. terp and I finally launched our series and it's getting mixed responses, some bad but mostly good. I like the material we are presenting and I think that people could really get some information from it. We have done 2 episodes and the series is planned for 8. We don't have the ENTIRE thing mapped out but have a good idea in the direction of the series. (BTW, if you have any comments on it in regards to what you like/dont like/what I can do to improve it, leave a comment here or pm me on 2p2/email/etc).

I've been getting a few new students as well. As far as getting coaching myself, I've been shopping around a bit. I've had many many coaches in my time as a player and highly advocate it- its a fantastic way to improve. I've had xorbie, Parlay Slow, Bobbofittos, soah as official coaches, as well as talking extensively with many other very good players. Coaching is only worth it if you play alot though and I unfortunately have not had a ton of time to do so (or desire). So perhaps I'll wait until winter break to start with somebody.

I've been trying to get back into shape and have been hitting the gym recently. I haven't done a ton of lifting but I've done decently cardio wise. Diet has still been fairly bad, lots of carbs, not enough fruits and veggies, typical. Still probably hanging around 183 or so would be my guess, fluctuating 5 pounds either way. One day this metabolism of mine is going to end and I'll start packing on some major poundage. Ugh...

No comments: