Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Living

I assume the majority of readers of this blog are poker players. One of the things I've constantly struggled with throughout my poker career is volume (in terms of hands played). I know that this can be elevated with number of tables/software but in terms of hours played I am severely lacking. Poker doesn't interest me nearly as much as it did in the earlier years (not to sound arrogant, I know that I'm at the very totem poll in terms of skill level) and I feel my drive is stagnant (though PLO has since revived that). Why do we play poker? The simple and easy answer is money. Money is nice, it can greatly improve our future and is a very valid reason to grind tons of hands. A friend of mine hopes to make 1 million from poker so he can be set up for life (again, a very valid and reasonable goal).

I think the same friend would agree that having a balanced lifestyle is also a very excellent goal. For those who feel bored with life or confused (with the only answer dual moniters glowing in the darkness) think about some ways to refresh. This ramble isn't to tell you what is good in life and what isn't (grinding is certainly fine and can coexist with having a balanced lifestyle-look at cts). Only to strive for other things other than poker. One of the reasons I made this blog was to keep in check those goals and what I hope to accomplish (moreso non-poker stuff) in the future. Learn to cook. Ride a bike. Read a book. Learn a language. Learn a martial art. Learn to build a computer (though most of you probably already do know how). Make the most of your life and the oppurtunites you people have (being young and very rich for your age). Traveling is something I recommend everybody do at least once in their lives.

Anyways, thats my little stint on that. I feel like I need to take more advantage of the opportunities that are availble to me. We'll see when school comes around. In other news football season is like a month away and I am super pumped for that. Volunteer work this week as well (last weeks was a blast).

No comments: