Saturday, July 12, 2008

Playing/learning/etc

Poker has been nice the past few days. Been easing my way into the FTP 2/4 games. In my short sample, it seems soft enough. I've been 4-tabling recently and it's interesting to see how thinking things through (as opposed to robotically playing) can benefit your game.

I've been watching PLO vids as well and up until yesterday was quite displeased with my play thus far this month. There are many situations where I played truly sub-optimally (even from a noob analysis). As I joked with my roommates in Vegas, I must overcome genetics (azn degeneracy) and look instead to the most +EV play. Too often I find myself jamming because I like to gambolll when in reality I'm getting it in as a slight dog (or situations where flatting is more +EV than shoving). Fixing some PF leaks though and truly trying to play more solid in general. This month that was one of my main goals- to tighten up and play more solid both pre and post. Last month I found myself spewing to a sick degree and it led to horrible results.

As far as AP results go this month, they are semi disappointing. I have come to realize that I am not yet rolled for the 2/4 games there and losing $800 at the 2/4 deep tables stings a little. That's not to say I don't have plenty on FTP to play with (and in reality it'd probably be more +EV to play the AP 2/4 games as opposed to FTPs) but meh. I don't want to go through the hassel of either redepositing or trading for AP money (lol). Instead I've decided I will not play any 2/4 on AP this month until I am properly rolled. I've won about 17ptbb/100 or so at 1/2NL at AP this month (small sample) but lost decently at 2/4, thus hampering results.

Plan on starting up coaching again with my former coach. I can't decide if I'm going to try with PLO coaching or just 6max NLHE. Playing PLO this month has been great, if for nothing but game selection purposes.

About to go write an article here though on some random poker thoughts.

No comments: