Monday, July 28, 2008

KC/Diet/Exercise/Poker

Just got back from KC after being there for a weekend. Was a pretty fun time in general, went with some old friends and stayed downtown. Hung at the power and light district and gambled at the Harrahs there (though some friends didn't want to gamble which sucked). Some lame drama occurred on Saturday when my drunken friend got into a bar fight after wandering off alone. Went to a Royals game the day after which was fun and then finally home. Hanging with old friends is priceless, as cliche as it sounds. I know that in the future these moments will be rare and few and its best to enjoy time together as we can.

While I've been hanging with old friends my diet has also taken a turn for the worst. Eating fast food and other terrible things have had their effect. I've been slacking a bit in exercise as well (though I did do a class today at the Y). This is partly because of friends and heavier volunteer work last week which I hope to fix. We'll see how I do when school finally starts and how my diet will be affected then. (school starts in less than a month, we are moving into new APTs in early August which should be fun).

Poker has been so so lately. Probably will finish about +6k or so over 12k hands in PLO (PLO tracks hands far far slower than NLHE). I'm pleased with this being my first month into this game. Next month I plan on playing about half and half, hopefully get back into NLHE again. Next month (Aug) I also plan on trying to become a DC coach (hopefully will become one, I've coached a few of the current coaches there as well as been coached by 2 of them in the past). Also should have a PLO video with late night coaching and Joe Tall/Parlay Slow in the making within the next few days so that should be cool.

I have a few more days before I head to Chicago for Lollapalooza. Kanye West/Lupe Fiasco/NIN/Rage are all going to be awesome. Not really sure how long we'll be there for but it'll be a good time. Plan on heading to Great America/6 flags while there along with other tourist stuff. Also like 33 more days until College football season starts, the anticipation is huge.

No comments: