Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Poker, The Hulk, etc

Feeling home feels so good. I can't even describe how relieving it is to have your own bed, your own place/car, good friends, family, etc.

Have been running 2-3 miles a day the past few though and it's been good. I'm in better shape than I thought previously. Diet has been improving as well, as I have relatively cut the poor elements out (ie. frozen foods, greasy stuff like pizza and chicken fried steak, etc). I gained my lost weight back in Vegas and hope to get back down to 175 or so again.

Played my second day of poker this month yesterday and still running poor. I am pleased with my play but it still seems as if I'm getting coolered alot (ie. people have the nuts every time). Here is a fun hand I played yesterday-

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com



saw flop|saw showdown



Button ($186.50)

SB ($117.30)

Hero ($729.65)

UTG ($244.81)

MP ($410)

CO ($112.50)



Preflop: Hero is BB with Kc, Ad.

UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, 2 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $14, UTG folds, MP calls $12, SB calls $12.



Flop: ($44) 6d, 3h, Qh (3 players)

SB checks, Hero bets $27, MP calls $27, SB folds.



Turn: ($98) Kh (2 players)

Hero bets $61, MP calls $61.



River: ($220) 2c (2 players)

Hero bets $125, MP calls $125.



Final Pot: $470



Results in white below:

Hero has Kc Ad (one pair, kings).

MP KsTs

Outcome: Hero wins $470.


Villan seemed competent at the time as well...strange. I also went to the Horseshoe last night as well with a friend, playing some 1/3 and 2/5. Overall it went well. Some observations/hands from last night-

folded to donkey sb. they chop. sb flips his hand, AQ. "i had a pretty good one" he says. the other super donk bb flips A6 "yeah i suppose you had me. well maybe not though, mine is suited..."

super ****ing donkey who overplays every hand and spazzees whenever he has TP (also thinks he is excellent at poker, wearing glasses and berates players for their play) calls a raise i call with 59. flop J24 he checks i donk, pfr folds, he c/rs to like 105 i call. turn Ax he donks pot i call. river A he donks pot i call (i know that i couldve 3-bet on flop or turn but i wanted him to keep spazing). he has J8 LOL and berates me for playing a nine high flush.

got it in 4 ways at 1/3 while waiting for the 2/5 game on the flop. flop 584 board in a limped pot. i had 55, and was up against 67, QQ, K3 and 85. all my ****ing outs are gone and the 67 wins. he's a dumb kid and he hits and runs.

near the end of the night, i open AA early, old bad donk calls, other calls. flop A52r i bet he calls, other folds. turn T i bet he calls, river Q i bet he calls. he has Ax or something.

overall ended +900 or so. actually ran good for once.

I also saw the Hulk a few nights ago was not a bad flick. Not spectacular or amazing but still worth a watch. I used to love comic books and The Hulk used to be one of my favorites. There were a few cheesy moments but overall I thought it was okay. Looking foward to other movies coming out (The Dark Knight specifically).

No comments: