Thursday, July 24, 2008

Strange

I just purchased PLO tracker and looking forward to actually saving my hands/reviewing my stats and play. Also going to purchase HEManager I think in the near future.

Today I played NLHE for the first time in a long time. Wow I spewed so bad. It wasn't even good spew either. The plays I made were unspeakably terrible. I'm not sure what came over me and as I said previously, my goals were to become more solid of a player. It's funny thinking about the evolution of a poker player. As Ray Zee and aejones have written posts previously on the evolution of a poker player, it's funny to see how each and every player develops. Players go through stages and phases in which styles and such can go from super tight to super aggressive and loose and many others. I for one went from a nitty bad TAG (in retrospect) to a looser more aggressive player. And even though I am still playing relatively the same stakes I have played since 2 years ago (who knows where I could have been had that first 2/4 shot gone well), I am so so much better than I was at that time.

Friends and I were discussing different points along our poker careers that could have changed everything. One good friend in particular said that if he had lost a 30k pot or something along those lines on Cake (therefore busting his roll), he has no idea where he would be today. I for one look back and think what could of happened had my first 2/4 shot gone well (all those years ago). It's best not to think what could of or should've happened, only to evaluate what best you can do now to win.

So I went from nitty TAG to terrible LAG (after bobbofitos' program) to something in between and eventually back to very spewy. Now the goal is to get back to solid play. Plan on continuing to play PLO the rest of this month and the goal is to get to iron man (need 6 more days here or so to get it). Some friends and I are planning on going to KC, MO this weekend to go to a Royals game and Worlds of Fun, should be a good time.

No comments: