Saturday, July 19, 2008

PLO/Dark Knight

Saw The Dark Knight tonight and absolutely loved it. I thought Heath Ledger's performance was fantastic and very eerie. I'm sure that everyone has heard how much praise this movie has received and rightly so- it was a tad bit long but overall I thought it was very well done. If these movies continue their current trend (the same direction/etc) I feel that they can be the best comic movies ever. Batman's villains are among the best in the entire industry (rivaling Spiderman and X-men).

PLO has been going okay lately. The variance in this game is insane- hand ranges are so much less defined than in NLHE and as my friend liked to put it- "It's like you're investing but instead of waiting you get to see immediate results". This game (in my short experience) is all about pushing small edges in terms of equities and when you're a 60-40 in a large pot, those edges are important.

Some things I've observed in PLO is how face up players play. I obviously have never played against super crushers and very tough opponents who will put you to the test (and whose hand ranges are so blended and splattered it is impossible to figure them out). But in the smaller stakes games (1/2 PLO) players play in such faceup manners it's ridiculous. Take for example a TAG c/c-ing two streets and then open potting when the flush hits the river. (This such example can be seen in NLHE as well). They are rarely ever bluffing in these situations and paying off such bets is ludacris. This is sort of ties into that ramble I wrote previously on ranges- when someone's range is so so so weighted towards nut hands (or very very strong hands) and never ever really a bluff they become very easy to play against. Whatever.

Learned how to make salmon today. My family likes to do this-

-slice 1lb of bacon/chop 1 green onion/cook both till bacon is 3/4ths done.
-while doing so, spread mayonaise on salmon, heavier nature's seasoning as well as thin slices of butter.
-once onions/bacon is done, put it on top of uncooked salmon (as well as some of the grease). put it in the oven (or grill) for 20 minutes and its good.

Too lazy to get pics but I'm sure you get the picture. Also learned burgers that my family does which is soy sauce, egg, bread crumbs and onions (and the ground beef). good stuff.

No comments: