Friday, August 1, 2008

Lolla/DC/Goals

In Chicago right now for Lollapalooza. I'm not interested in a ton of the day bands- they all look like pussy emo bands to me. The headliners look awesome though (Lupe/Kanye/NIN/Rage/etc). The first day (today) looks kindve dumb though so we are going to six flags during the day (in Great America). Chicago is a pretty cool city-ate some pizza last night and it pretty much blows anything Omaha has out of the water.

Got confirmed by Joe Tall yesterday that DC has accepted me as a coach. I'm pretty excited for this opportunity. I've coached a ton in the past and though I've been semi selective with students I still coached on a semi-limited basis. I have decided though that I enjoy it enough to put in more hours. I also finished a Late night coaching video with Joe Tall/Parlay Slow two nights ago on PLO which should be out in a few weeks so I'm pretty excited for that as well. Been talking about doing a series with terp though we still have to brainstorm some ideas for doing so.

Goals for this month are many. I succeeded in some of the posted goals I had last month but not all. I am fairly content with how my month ended though (14k hands of PLO +7k at mainly 1/2). I feel I learned a ton this month and even though I may have given some EV up in terms of hourly/total net profit, I think that PLO will eventually become very popular within the coming months/year. This month I plan on doing a number of things-

-Move into my Apt/eventually buy a sweet ass TV for College football season

-50 hours of poker, no matter what limits/game. I want to rebuild my AP roll if possible but if not just cash it out. I also want to play a majority of 2/4 on FTP, be it PLO or NLHE.

-Exercise more. Our flag football team didn't do so hot last year (we were average at best) which is unacceptable for the amount of speed we have. We aren't UF or USC but I think in terms of average speed for a FF team we have lots of it. We went like 3-3 last year which makes me want to puke. This year we plan on doing more practices/etc. I want to run more than I have been doing recently and 15-20 miles a week (if not more) sounds pretty good. Though we'll see if I can do that.

-Diet, has been pretty bad lately. Pizza/fastfood/IHOP/etc has taken its toll. Need to eat more fruits/veggies and such. I'm interested to see how my diet will be when I finally go to school. Also need to continue to learn how to make more dishes.

-Read more. I finished 'Comrade Criminal', a book on the Russian Mob which was interesting (albiet sometimes boring at times). Still, this book was the first I've read in a while (since my Euro trip, where I read like a fiend) and I started 'Collapse' by Jared Diamond yesterday.

We'll see if I can get this going. gogogogogo August

1 comment:

Jon said...

an orange/terp video series? so sick, some of us might learn this poker thing yet.