Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Home

Lollapalooza was pretty incredible. All of the headliners were pretty solid and some of the lesser known bands that I hadn't heard much of (Girl Talk, Blues Traveler, etc). The atmosphere of it all was pretty cool in general. I'm not a huge music fanatic (some people are super obsessed with all facits of the music industry), but I do enjoy alot of different types of bands/artists.

I was really pumped to see Rage against the machine and Lupe Fiasco. Rage put the best performance of everyone, the energy was just totally insane. They played all their old stuff as
well and the song lineup was pretty solid.




Some pictures of Lolla...as you can see, it was madness. There were several stages of various bands all throughout the park (Grant Park was huge) with beer/food vendors throughout. One of the biggest gripes I had with the whole setup was poor scheduling on Sunday night. They lined up Nine Inch Nails and Kanye West at the same time, which frustrated me. I'm not a huge NIN fan but still have heard their live performance is totally sick. I do enjoy Kanye though and decided to go see him. He put on an excellent show and I think Lollapalooza was split down the middle, with about 100k people going to each concert.

But yeah, Chicago was fun overall. A pretty cool city, they have a beach, pretty good food and tons of nice parks. Deep dish pizza > NY style imo.

I said goodbye to a good friend yesterday. He is going back to Afghanistan (in the Army) and was able to come home for a few weeks during his term. I won't see him for quite a few months though and it's quite scary (and sad). For anyone risking their life so I can enjoy all the amentities at home, I thank you (and them). Even though the reasons for this war may be hazy all military men are heroes in my eyes.

Moved into our apartment today. This year we expect it to be alot more solid than last year when we stayed on college apartments. Lots more room, much cheaper and a better atmosphere. I still have yet to buy a new car though and probably will have to grind a bit more this month in hopes to maybe purchase one. Walking to class was an easy solution in previous years but this year it might be a bit harder.

Poker has been cool as well. Swingy this month and I haven't been playing a ton of hands due to being out of town, but it's been going well. I've been playing very strange- I can't say I've been playing my A game throughout the month. There have been days where I've played great and others where I've just played like total dogshit. I suppose that's alot of what poker is but maintaining one's A game is pretty difficult and something I'll strive to complete.

I should be muddling back into NLHE though within the next few days. Going to have some sweat from some good friends to get back into the groove. Perhaps coaching as well.

No comments: