Monday, August 18, 2008

JokerStars

Ugh. As I said previously, Pokerstars games (PLO 1/2) are vastly different than FTP's. The styles are so much different...PS's games are very good, very very very loose passive almost to a frustrating degree. I lost a very very quick 10 buyins there during my experimental foray there and am beginning to see why duck advocates such a tight strategy preflop in these games. At FTP I am comfortable running 29-35vpip but I think I need to severely tighten up if I want to succeed in these games.

Also need to cut down c-betting. People peel so very lightly that I am just wasting money. So, those are some of the basic adjustments I need to make for those small stakes PLO games on stars. Don't want to bust my small roll there though so I plan on moving another 2k or so on there.

So, losing at a nice -$400 an hour on 1/2 PLO on stars. hilarious. thank god I've been playing/running well on FTP or I'd be on suicide watch right now. AP made me weak. Got too used to the steady $250 an hour playing 1/2 there. Yay for more variance!

No comments: